Here’s a bit of reverse anthropomorphic light-heartedness to give you something to chew on (figuratively, of course!):
If your creativity was an animal, what would it be?
Is your creativity a cute but cuddly lemur leaping its way through the trees, then staring at the world with cute wide eyes?
Is it a mostly nocturnal wombat sleeping the day away in its burrow, then wombling through the landscape at night?
Is it more like a gazelle: daintily nibbling and bounding its way through life, happy in its herd?
Is it a lioness lurking in the long grass waiting for a wobbly herbivore to come within pouncing range?
Is it a sparrow, gobbling its own weight in inspiration every day just to stay aloft?
Is it a unicorn mysterious and elusive unless approached correctly? (no one said it had to be a real animal)
Or is it something entirely different?
* * *
Let us know what and why in the comments below…
* * *
As for me, after due consideration, I think my creative beast may be a leopard:
- despite spending much of the day languidly napping, it is capable of startling bursts of speed and energy given the right inspiration
- it can be elusive to find if searched for, yet will appear uncannily when not required
- it requires solitude
- it has a broad diet of inspirations
- it likes to store its kill (AKA the stash) safely away from other beasts (AKA the children)
- it appreciates trees
- while dramatically dressed, it often lurks camouflaged in its native environment
- it can be deliciously tactile, but is uncomfortably prickly if provoked
- it resists domestication
* * *
How about you?!