I have had a good weekend. Not much computer time, but loads of simple pleasures:
- We’ve been assembling cabinets for our new kitchen (I’m hoping for huge tracts of new culinary creativity when that’s finished!)
- I’ve been winding yarn on a friend’s ball winder – that’s one miraculous device! I now have a whole-buncha-yarn waiting for me to play with it 🙂 (and after an idle chat with a local shopkeeper, a potential retail outlet – which is both hugely exciting and a little scary).
- I’ve spent time chatting with friends, hanging out with my kids (and trying to get them away from electronic screens for a whole few minutes…) and being with myself – all conversations I enjoy – and knitted a heap while doing this.
- I’ve done several loads of washing and enjoyed the novelty of actually getting stuff dry on the washing line outside (hello, Spring!)
- I’ve been shopping (all by myself!) and bought a few bits and pieces I need – and nothing I don’t need.
- I’ve enjoyed drinking tea and sitting in the sun.
- I’ve even read a novel (oh, and the new Library Wars graphic novel which arrived in yesterday’s mail :))
I actually feel refreshed and re-energised, and ready to tackle the week ahead with creative energy and good humour – hopefully, Monday won’t kill that 😉